Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Free at Last

It was a breath of fresh air (Jerusalem fresh) today as we walked out the gates of the Jerusalem Center and back into the city. This post is mainly by way of announcement. The lock down has ended, which is great because my secret stash of food has long since been depleted and I was beginning to wonder any of the new plants springing up would make for good eats. I am now content with life and have enough treats to help me survive the long hours between dinner and breakfast (I guess I should really just go to bed earlier).

The security situation in Jerusalem appears to have improved greatly. They were expecting some sort of repercussions, but none came. Generally both sides exchange blows in order be the last one to hit the other. A Palestinian shop owner presented his theory of why there were none today. He said that an attack of this nature always happens around Easter. He believes that somehow the Jews were behind the attack in order to keep the Christian pilgrims from coming here. I wanted to ask him if he thought the U.S. government was behind the attack on 9/11, but we didn't have the time. So take that for what is worth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe that politics must be in the hearts of the middle east inhabitants. I hope you continue to have "freedom" the rest of your stay there. The people at work have been asking about you. I hope you don't mind that I am sharing this blog site with them.